| Contact Us |
24U Email OSAX Overview
24U Email OSAX is a scripting addition that extends AppleScript® by a few easy-to-use commands to send emails directly from your scripts, without need of any additional application.
24U Email OSAX allows you to:
- Send e-mail directly from AppleScript to avoid learning complicated 3rd party tools
- Add attachments with encoding of your choice to be compatible even with old e-mail apps
- Send e-mails in background to keep your script going without waiting for slow SMTP
- Send proper HTML e-mails to get e-mails look professional and not considered SPAM
- Use SSL and authentication to protect your e-mail communication against hackers
Send e-mail from AppleScript
With 24U Email OSAX installed your scripts can send e-mails through SMTP server directly from AppleScript with just a simple command.
Having a simple command for sending e-mail lets you automat e-mail sending without spending time learning complicated 3rd party technologies.
24U Email OSAX allows you to attach one or more files to your e-mail. The attachments can be encoded in a way that suits your receiver’s e-mail app. You can choose from AppleSingle, AppleDouble, Base64, and BinHex encoding.
Sending your attachments correctly encoded will assure their readability in many kinds of e-mail clients, even in the old ones.
Send e-mails in background
24U Email OSAX allows your script to send e-mails in background while it’s working on something else. The OSAX can automatically let your script know when the e-mail is sent.
Ability to send e-mails from background lets you make your script work fast without having to wait for every single e-mail to be sent.
Send HTML e-mails
With 24U Email OSAX your scripts can send formatted e-mails as HTML or multi-part messages. The message is properly constructed and encoded using the current standards.
Having your e-mails properly formatted using HTML lets you automate sending e-mails that look good and still are less likely to be filtered as spam by mail servers.
Connect to SMTP using SSL and authentication
To safeguard your communication with mail servers, 24U Email OSAX can use secured SSL/TLS connection and your choice of automatic, plain, cram md5, login, or pop3 authentication.
Using secured connection and proper authentication reduces the risk that your communication will be intercepted by a hacker. It also further minimizes the risk of your e-mails being filtered as spam by reliably identifying the sender.
24U Email OSAX 5.0
24U Email OSAX 5.0 is the latest version of our scripting addition with ready-to-use examples and ability to send multiple e-mails through a single SMTP connection to make it faster. The new version brings the following major improvements:
- Support for OS X 10.8 and later
- New version of OpenSSL implementing TLS 1.2
Compatibility with OS X 10.8 and later
Version 5.0 of 24U Email OSAX brings support for the new OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, and OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Compatibility with the latest versions of OS X lets you upgrade your Mac to the newer version of operating system without worries that the scripting addition could stop working.
Transport Layer Security
24U Email OSAX 5.0 is built with the newest version of OpenSSL, replacing SSL with TLS 1.2 to secure STMP communications via encryption and authentication.
Having your e-mail communication protected by the current version of security standards allows you to sleep rested knowing that your e-mails are being sent securely.
- email contact n : specifies person’s name and e-mail address.
- scheduled mail number n : integer identifying a scheduled mail
- smtp authentication n : specifies the parameters to be used for SMTP 2.0 authentication
- send email v : Sends e-mail to given person.
- status of scheduled mail v : Gets information about scheduled mail.
- wait for scheduled mail v : Waits for sending of scheduled mail.
- version of Email OSAX v : Returns version number of the 24U Email OSAX.
- register Email OSAX v : Unlocks your copy of 24U Email OSAX
Mac OS X: Intel Macintosh with Mac OS X 10.10 or newer
Mac OS X: Intel Macintosh with Mac OS X 10.8 or newer