How to implement 24U FM Bench Detective into your FileMaker solutionIf you have a large solution with hundreds or thousands of scripts you will like what we are working on for the next version of FM Bench – a fully automated insertion and removal of FM Bench Detective. But if you don’t want to wait, here is something you can use already today… Carl Henshall from Cutting Edge Software Ltd has set up a QuicKeys shortcut that works in conjunction with myFMbutler’s Clip Manager (you may also want to try 2empowerFM Clipboard Exporter from Dracoventions) that will loop through all of the scripts in a file. For each script it:
- copies all of the script steps & sets them into Clip Manager
- does a find & replace routine on the xml text to
- add the Start & Overhead scripts steps to the beginning of the script
- add the Exit step to the end of each script
- add the Pause & Resume steps around any Pause Indefinitely steps
- add the Halt step before any Halt Script Steps
- add the Exit step before any Exit Script steps.
- turns the xml back into FileMaker’s clipboard
- deletes the script steps & pastes all the script steps with the FM steps added back into the script.
If you have any more ideas or just want to tell others about your experience, feel free to leave your comment below.